Oriental spicy and sour soup
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 red bell peppers, julienned
1 bunch green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups vegetable stock
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 pound snow peas
1 pound firm tofu, cubed
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; stir-fry about 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth, vegetable stock, and soy sauce. Bring to boiling. Lower heat; simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Stir together vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, cornstarch, water, and sesame oil in a small bowl until smooth. Add to soup with fresh snow peas (if using); cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
4. Add tofu, frozen snow peas (if using), and water chestnuts. Gently heat through.
Pineapple fried Rice
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
4 cups water
2 cups white rice
1 tablespoon peanut or walnut oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 (12 ounce) package tofu, diced
3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup diced carrots
1. Open can of crushed pineapple and drain juice into a cup.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the liquid from the can of crushed pineapple with 3 cups water, bring to a boil. Add rice. Bring mixture to boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
3. In a non-stick wok heat the 1 tablespoon walnut or peanut oil. Add the eggs and cook without stirring, until set. Slide eggs out of the wok to a plate - cut into short, narrow strips. In the same wok, heat the sesame oil and stir fry the tofu with the mushrooms, soy sauce, green onions, and carrots for about 4 minutes. Stir in cooked rice, pineapple, and egg strips. Heat until everything is heated through.
Yet another from allrecipes.com.
Wicked Tofu Garlic (not my title!)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
1/4 cup oyster sauce
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup chicken broth
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, garlic, and about half of the oyster sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes, until garlic is lightly browned but not burning. Remove from the skillet to a bowl, and set aside.
2. Add the frozen vegetables to the same skillet and cook vegetables according to package directions, substituting chicken broth for the water, and seasoning with the remaining oyster sauce. When vegetables are cooked, mix the tofu garlic mixture back into the pan, and heat through. Serve plain or over rice.
I have no clue where this recipe came from *g*
This is probably it for the next week, since the laowai is going on vacation. Without me *sighpoutgroan*